[geeks] Intel iMac first thoughts

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jan 21 14:30:17 CST 2006

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 @ 12:03 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 10:33:59AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > However, a lot of G5's are too.  Don't know if Bill's were or not.
>
> My previous iMac G5 was single-CPU.
>
> > In CompostUSA the other day, I saw a dual CPU, dual core G5, and I think
> > they were running at 3GHz.
>
> 2.7Ghz is as fast as they're getting now AFAIK, and they have to water-cool
> them.

I may have rounded off my memory. I know it was around 3GHz, and the
price tag for the setup displayed was almost $5500.

I don't remember which monitor and other stuff that included, but I
figure the machine was at least $3500.

Keep in mind though, that CompUSA is usually days to weeks behind
Apple price decreases. I have seen them as much as 2-3 months behind
sometimes.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.