[geeks] [JuliaSacks930 at hotmail.com: [janglo] INFO4U: My Ipod Broke My Computer]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 17 09:57:50 CST 2006

Well, assuming there is an "element" of truth to her assertion, I suspect it
went something like this:

She had a computer that was working fine (don't they always say that? ;^)

She attached an iPod to her computer, got a message about a USB device being
attached, and asked her if she wanted to install the drivers.

She likely said yes, but didn't bother to pay attention to what she was
doing, and messed up her OS install.

After she messed up her OS install, her computer didn't work like it used
to, so she called her cousin "Kenny," who knows all about these things (He's
the smartest kid in the 7th grade, after all).

He told her that her computer was messed up, and that she should replace the
hard drive (since it was only a 20 Gig HD, and she has a 30 Gig iPod).

She resented having to upgrade/repair her perfectly fine computer (it's
worked fine since she bought it 7 years ago), and decided to catch the
entitlement bus and get a few $$ from "Apple Mac", so, among other things
she can afford a mail client with spell-checking.

Glad I don't have to deal with these types of folks...

Lionel