[geeks] [JuliaSacks930 at hotmail.com: [janglo] INFO4U: My Ipod Broke My Computer]

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Tue Jan 17 04:08:11 CST 2006

OK, but consider this for a moment...

Hard disks have an MTBF of about 1 million hours  (give or take a bit).

So if you go out and buy an iPod and connect it to your computer, the odds
of the hard disk dying within the first hour are about 1 in a million.

Apply has so far sold 42 million iPods.

So (on average) there are 42 people worldwide who have had their hard disk
die within 1 hour of plugging in their iPod.

Which means she's got 41 names to go!  :)

  Scott.