[geeks] "Lord SJobs... ARISE" ... Apple has moved to the Dark Side

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:00:33 CST 2006

On 1/10/06, J. Alexander Jacocks <jjacocks at mac.com> wrote:
> Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
> >Anyone else following the news out of Apple?
> >
> >Their transformation to Intel-only is on its way ...
> >
> >--P
>
> Did anyone else see the Apple technote specifying that, contrary to earlier
info, the Intel Macs are EFI-based?

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/universal_binary/u
niversal_binary_diffs/chapter_3_section_10.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP4000221
7-CH240-284855

> That, and the age of my current PowerBook caused me to do something I swore
that I'd never do: buy Rev. A hardware. :-D

You will have to let us know how the YAAR violation goes. :-D

I was very, very tempted on the iMac--I have a nice reward
check to spend from a recent business deal, but YAAR won
out.

My current PB and rescued Quicksilver are doing less than
they should be at the moment thanks to a variety of things
including rebuilding the dead Wintendo.  I'm still not done
with it--cursing the mobo manuf. who think crippled RAID
"lite" is a reasonable thing....and whose website doesn't
have the drivers in a form to fit on a floppy for XP
installation booting. *grr*

Anyone got a favorite PCI RAID card for x86 boxen?  I
suppose hoping for reasonably priced bootable RAID 5
would be as hopeless as that of Windoze without
BSOD...

=Nadine=