[geeks] anyone been under the zoom hood?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jan 11 09:17:12 CST 2006

specifically their adsl modems, the x5v series/family as seen in
http://www.zoom.com/products/adsl_overview.html
this is what my isp is giving away with their dsl/voip svc.  i'd assumed
i'd need to set up a sparc with ipfilter as my firewall, but now i'm
wondering how far i can trust the zoom to do that.  embedded linux or
bsd with ipfw or ipf, perhaps?  anyone know, or know where i can look?