[geeks] "Lord SJobs... ARISE" ... Apple has moved to the Dark Side

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Tue Jan 10 17:52:53 CST 2006

J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
> Did anyone else see the Apple technote specifying that, contrary to
> earlier info, the Intel Macs are EFI-based?

Now *that's* something I want to hear! I've actually wanted to play with
EFI for a while, but almost no boards have it and I never got a chance.
Has anyone used it before? How does it compare to Open Firmware? I'm
sure it's better than the BIOS; it would have been just wrong to see
"Press F2 to enter setup" on a PowerBook.

 - Micah