[geeks] ibook g3 to ibook g4

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:31:24 CST 2006

On 1/9/06, Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, velociraptor wrote:
>
> > Does the Blueberry have firewire?  If so, you could boot it in target
> > mode and connect it to the new iBook that way--the BB's HD will simply
> > show up on the iBook's desktop as any external drive would.
>
> I'm pretty sure the Blueberry doesn't, but, if it does, I highly
> recommend that method.  It Just Works, and is very snappy.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, that's a Graphite "Special Edition" thing.  But
yeah, target mode is cool as hell.  That's how I installed 10.4 on
a non-DVD iBook before I managed to get ahold of Tiger CDs.

Have 40+ hours in at work this week...decided to splurge and
fly to SF for MacWorld as "vacation".  Ah, Mac Nirvana...

=Nadine=