[geeks] FS: Roomba Discovery

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 5 13:18:49 CST 2006

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 01:18:03PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>>Heh.  Wish we had (a) room for a Roomba to work and (b) $150 to spare.
>

> Email me - I might be able to work on price a bit.
>

>>But I suspect it wouldn't cope with all the stuff that gets left on the
>>floor anyway.
>
> We never had anything it *wouldnt* pick up - dog food, cat hair, etc.
> The rug we got was just too shaggy for it to be able to move around 8-)

I'm not so much worried about stuff we'd want it to pick up (except for
some of the larger scraps of ripped-up paper) as the stuff just left
around that we wouldn't want it to try to pick up (books, pencils,
socks, shoes, shirts, other assorted discarded clothing, paperwork
knocked down onto the floor....)

We have a Dyson vacuum that does an excellent job.  However much fun
it'd be to have one, we don't actually *need* a Roomba, and I honestly
don't think it'd work well in this environment anyway.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518