[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Feb 28 17:45:30 CST 2006

Tue, 28 Feb 2006 @ 07:48 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 06:47:44PM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> > I don't use Linux because it's a mess.
>
> I just installed Linux on a "new" computer and 'bloged about it.
> SuSE was a disater, Fedora core4 was not any worse than windows, possibly
> better.

You would be better off with Slackware, and a conservatively built
kernel.

Most of the bitching about Linux stability comes from people using
kernels that are built for desktop use or have bleeding edge code
enabled.

That said, I would run NetBSD even on my desktop if the hardware support
were just a little bit better.

I really, really like NetBSD, and you might find it works great for your
desktop needs too.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]