[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:26:08 CST 2006

On 2/28/06, Nick B. <nick at pelagiris.org> wrote:
> As someone who now has to maintain AIX, I think your sigline explains your
> attraction to AIX.
>         Nick
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 08:16:50PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> >
> > > I don't use Linux because it's a mess.
> >
> > I don't use it because I like things that work.  Thankfully, we have
> > AIX.  For everywhere that isn't an RS/6000, there's BSD.

I wish I had been able to listen in on that phone call with
the so-called network engineer where the so-called sys
admins managed crash their AIX box by changing the
something in the network interface (netmask, route, never
got the straight scoop).  I can't decide if it was a) stupid users,
b) stupid support staff, c) bad OS, d) a+b, or e) all of the
above.

=Nadine=