[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Feb 27 20:05:58 CST 2006

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Maybe I should start a fast-food chain called Linuxburgers where my
> marketing shtick is to sell only three or four menu items each day and
> yell at patrons in other restaurants about how they don't -need- the
> other thirty or so items on the menu when they're only going to eat a
> few.  I can follow it up with a rant at them about how they're
> unfortunately too stupid to figure that out.  I bet I'd sell millions.

Sounds like the menu of my favorite lunch stand in Dallas.  Much simpler
menu than McDonald's down the street - burgers, chicken sandwich, fries
and chips in a rack on the side.

And McDs has a smaller (or at least less complicated) menu than I-Hop.

Not saying you're wrong - I think you're spot on - just playing with the
idea.  I had a skimpy lunch, and I really _miss_ that burger stand, so
the food metaphor came easily.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks