[geeks] Scariest moment in my life

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Feb 23 20:39:22 CST 2006

From: Atomist <rescue at port11.net>
> Well maybe not scary, but it shocked me for a second.
>
> Installing OS X 10.4.4 on a Gateway Laptop.
> The second the Apple (Gray on white) logo came up it hit me.
>
> Going to run some benchmark tools later to see where I am at.
>
> But well I still do prefer my Powerbook over a Gateway mac.
> I just feels "dirty". And then it's just an experiment anyways.
>
> -- atm

Sounds like the PC CD "Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time".
While playing the "game" a window pops up telling you not to
press F5. Of course you do and another window pops up telling
you not to do it again.  Another round (or two) of this, a
window pops up and says it's going to reconfigure your computer.
The screen goes dark, the mouse and keyboard stop functioning
and the hard drive goes crazy.  After about a half a minute,
the machine appears to reboot...as the original Mac! complete
with black and white screen and the traditional sound.  It
shook me for a second before I fell on the floor laughing.

Bob