[geeks] What's going on in Japan

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:25:31 CST 2006

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/22/japan-bans-old-electronics-as-of-april-1/

> Japan is the land of gomi, remember.  You throw out all your old
> electronics when the new model comes out.

Given what I heard about gomi, if there was some way to easily get it off
the islands, you could *definitely* make a living eBaying all that stuff.
Problem is, in Japan proper--no where to put it.

I know an ex-Army guy who was stationed in Japan for a while--a bunch
of his household stuff (laquerware, etc) came direct from the gomi piles.

=Nadine=