[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 39, Issue 13

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 15:59:28 CST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:29:33 -0600, Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:
> > Michael "No 's' at the end of my name" Parson says ...

> Hehe

> <snip>

> Nope, new one for me.  I'm used to people mis-spelling and
> mis-pronouncing my name.  Been happening all my life.  'Parsons' is the
> most common, given that I think there are more out there with the 's'
> than w/o.  I've been called Parsons, Person, Pierson, Persons, Carson
> (more common back in the 70s and 80s), plus a few more I'm sure I've
> forgotten.  My ex-wife, whose maiden name was abused more than mine,
> thought those days were over for her, 'Parson' seemed like such a simple
> name to get right.

Well, think about my name: Jacocks.  Not to mention the fact that, for the first 12 years of my life, I lived next door to Charles Jacobs.  My name constantly becomes: Jacobs, Jaycox, Jay Cox, Cox, Jacohs, etc.

I will have to admit that my deplorable handwriting could be part of the problem.

-- J. Alexander Jacocks