[geeks] Good Java book?

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 21:47:43 CDT 2006

On 4/18/06, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> I need a good basic entry-level "Learn Java" book.  Suggestions?

I'm not sure how well it'll work as a "Learn Java" book, as I used more for
reference purposes, but I've still got the copy of
_Core_Java_2,_Volume_1_-_Fundamentals[0] from the intro to Java course I
took in college.  It's a bit dated as it covers Java 1.4, but should be good
for the basics if, like myself, sometimes you prefer having an actual book
to refer to as opposed to online documentation.  Let me know if you want it
and it's yours for the cost of shipping.

[0] http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130471771/103-0124402-1987827
     This is the version I have, and the reviews should give you a good idea
what to expect from it.