[geeks] History book suggestions?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Apr 18 18:34:06 CDT 2006

" From: "Nick B." <nick at pelagiris.org>
"
" I'd recommend Collapse and Guns Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond as well.

this is straying a little off the topic, but last summer i read '1491',
and something about the creation of the king james bible whose title i
sadly can't recall ['god's scribes'?].

1491 makes a good case for the argument that there was a lot more
going on in the western hemisphere than we generally thought.  the
other book got into politics, personalities, and - because it was the
era - [briefly] the people who would shortly call themselves
'pilgrims'.