[geeks] ps, top, etc.

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 17 10:15:39 CDT 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Hi.  Anyone know where I can get sources for commands like top and ps
> for systems other than Linux?  Like AIX and Solaris?  Systems that
> don't have the Linux /proc.

Top is here:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/unixtop

ps should almost certainly come from your vendor, but if you want source
to figure out how it works, the BSD source should prove adequate on at
least a conceptual level.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Humans that lose the capacity to think become
Elgin, TX          (    creatures whose existence has no value."