[geeks] LCD monitor diagnosis

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sun Apr 16 23:11:44 CDT 2006

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Is it reasonable and realistic to assume that all four CCFL tubes would
> have failed?

Only if the inverter failed first and blew them out...

> My guess here is actually that I'm looking at a bad
> inverter.  Given that my DMM only goes to 750V on AC and the inverter
> should probably be putting out more like 10kV, can anyone suggest any
> way I can actually test to determine whether the tubes or the inverter
> are at fault?

Chain some resistors together to make a voltage divider that your DMM
can manage, or get a new DMM that goes to 11.

-DanD

# It is an infantile superstition of the human spirit that virginity would
# be thought a virtue and not the barrier that separates ignorance from
# knowledge.  -Voltaire