[geeks] Email Disclaimers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Apr 12 09:05:57 CDT 2006

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 @ 20:32 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 08:41:32PM -0400, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > Is it just me, or are the excessive legal disclaimers that people like
> > to append to emails just absolutely absurd?
>
> Yes.  They are terribly annoying.  I was rather disappointed when $SO's
> employer set them to be on all emails, as I can't really go blocking
> email from her.

I think it should be illegal to add content to that which someone has
created, and which isn't necessary for processing.

What is worse, and I meant to mention a moment ago, is that some of
these stupid things put words in your mouth, and that makes them doubly
wrong.

Likewise the advertisements forced into forum and Usenet postings.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["That which is overdesigned, too highly
specific, anticipates outcome; the anticipation of outcome garantees, if