[geeks] Mac help

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Apr 7 16:22:21 CDT 2006

I talked my sister into getting a spiffy new Mac Mini, she went all out,
got the dual-core system.

She wants to sync her Samsung SPH-i300 phone with all the Mac apps
(ical, mail, contacts, etc). -- Michael Parson mparson at bl.org

>From what I can figure, you're supposed to install the Palm Desktop,
then get iSync conduits going.

She only has the serial cradle for her phone, so I told her to get a
Keyspan USB Serial adapter, which has MacOS X x86 drivers available.

I got HotSync Manager to see that port and use it.  When she hits the
hotsync button on the cradle, the "Establishing connection" window pops
up on the Mac, but the connection eventually times out and fails.

Running Palm Desktop 4.2.1 (what Palm gives you if you tell them you're
running a PalmOS 3.5.3 device (Palm III series is what I fibbed to
them)).  Samsung doesn't have any software on their website for this.

Any pointers?  Clues?  Suggestions (other than replace the phone, she's
not gonna)?

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org