[geeks] One more request: DiskSuite 1.0

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Apr 4 11:22:36 CDT 2006

" From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
"
" On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:17:06AM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > you do know you'll have to hack the installation script?  ds1.0 was
" > created before 4.1.4 came out, so it's not on the list of acceptable
" > versions.
"
" Not too hard, if I can get ahold of ds1.0. 8-)

details, details!  yes, it is easy - if you what's going on.  i
tripped over this brick about '95.

i might also add that 4.1.4 is mp-safe with supersparcs as well as
hypersparcs, in ss10s and ss20s at least.  we had one dual proc each
up for several months on chip designer/simulator desks.  they reported
much better system response, as the layout and/or simulator job hogged
one cpu but left the other free for i/o such as user input editing
another design.