[geeks] Opinions on the HP C3x00?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Apr 1 02:00:39 CST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:53:57 -0500
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Can NetBSD be built with distcc across platforms, like say across
> Solaris, Linux, OS X, and Irix?
Maybe. I never tried it and I have no experience with distcc. It may be
possible if you build the tools on all machines and instruct distcc to
use only the tools in the NetBSD tooldir/bin directory. You have to care
about the make files also. There are some variables used to control the
target. (Look into nbmake-<MACHINE>)

The last time I build on IRIX I had to use this hack as IRIX has no
vfork:
[jkunz at MrPomeroy jkunz]$ cat /usr/freeware/bin/cc
#!/usr/freeware/bin/bash

/usr/freeware/bin/gcc -Dvfork=fork $@ -O2

And make /usr/freeware/bin the first component in your $PATH.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen