[geeks] Education

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Fri Sep 30 12:53:31 CDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> But should homework scores impact final grades if the student gets a
> perfect score on all the tests?  That was always my problem.

How about attendance scores?  That always drove me nuts.  You can spend
many more hours doing the assigned reading and homework and display
a thorough understanding of the subject matter by getting perfect scores
on all of the work and they penalize you 10% if you don't sit through an
hour of some teaching assistant who barely passed the class last year
stumbling through one or two of the sample problems out of the book.

I didn't have sudoku then, but at least I had crossword puzzles to
keep class from erasing my brain.

-DanD

# A child of five could understand this. fetch me a child of five. Groucho Marx