[geeks] Solaris resiliency to crashing w/full root partition?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 30 10:43:00 CDT 2005

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I am amazed at how poorly library dependence is done in modern operating
> systems.
>
> Simple programs end up with huge lists of dependencies, unless you
> complete forego everything in a particular framework.

Hear hear.  The dependency tree for ANYTHING that uses even tiny parts
of Gnome is insane, because the dependency tree for Gnome itself is
insane.  (I remember there was one period when you could not compile
Gnome from source on a machine that did not already have Gnome
installed, because somehow they'd managed to get *VERTICAL* cyclic
dependencies.)

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518