[geeks] Education

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 30 10:18:49 CDT 2005

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 @ 23:56 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:

> What you may call busywork, I call practice.

Bad assumption.

What I call busywork is exactly that: zero value as practice, or
anything else.

There *is* such a thing as overkill, even in practice.

Also, not everyone practices in the same way.

Repeating something after I've learned it only makes me hate it,
especially if I'm missing out on practice for things I really need.

> Busywork is just filling in the blanks
> without any feedback and that's worthless.

I'm amazed that you can say this while disagreeing with me above... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]