[geeks] Solaris resiliency to crashing w/full root partition?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Wed Sep 28 23:23:14 CDT 2005

geeks at litfire.com wrote:

> Like Oracle Report Server requiring an X display to generate reports it's
> going to send out reports via HTTP, requiring installation of a virtual
> framebuffer or vnc?
>
> Why hasn't anyone gone apeshit on Oracle for such ridiculousness and gotten
> them to "fix" that?
>
> -Anthony

Day job is an all Oracle shop - but we're a mid-sized manufacturer, less
than 5,000 employees worldwide.

What, exactly, are we going to use for ammunition?  We've made a lot of
choices over the years WRT software, ERP, database servers.  We can't go
apeshit - that requires a credible threat (we'll use your competition)
or it's just noise.  We can't switch - we can't afford to.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks