[geeks] Solaris resiliency to crashing w/full root partition?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:36:39 CDT 2005

On 9/28/05, Scott Howard <scott at doc.net.au> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 04:11:15PM -0400, velociraptor wrote:
> > I'm dealing with the annual IG audit here...
> >
> > We have been dinged on / containing /var.
>
> Find a better auditor.

Don't I wish.  Everyone from the Director of Ops on down
would prefer that.  Unfortunately, the IG hangs off our network
so they send their own cronies.  Not like every other place
where you get to hire your own. :-/

> How about http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0300/soe8layout.pdf
> I don't necessarily agree with everything in that document, but I think
> it will serve your purpose fairly well.

Heck, I shoulda double-checked Blueprints myself.  Thanks for
the reminder.

=Nadine=