[geeks] Supressing output of /etc/issue

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Sep 28 14:47:28 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 09:50:55PM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:

> I'm not sure which sshd you're running (there may be differences between
> OpenSSH and F-Secure's implementation), but the option "PrintMotd" is
> probably what you want. If you set it to "no", it should suppress the
> printing of anything at login.
>
> Of course, this option is server-wide, so if you want the motd printed for
> regular interactive logins, you may need to look at another option (eg,
> filtering the output of the script, etc).

Or you could run a second sshd on another port with a different config
file.  I doubt it would have all that much impact on server resources,
it would require just -p $altport flag be added to the cron entry
somewhere, and it would be simpler than trying to filter the output.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/