[geeks] Professional. Do Not Attempt.

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Sep 27 22:58:47 CDT 2005

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 @ 10:42 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> It's easy once you get started.  There's so much stuff to -do- that it
> becomes harder and harder to justify sitting on the couch and passively
> soaking in other people doing stuff.

I have a television now, and I like several programs and movies a lot.

However, I have a hard time sitting through a show.  Either the
computer, the woods, or my camera call to me, and I usually end up
missing stuff I'd planned to watch.

The only real issue I have is spending too much time on the computer,
and much of that is just the continuous practice involved in keeping
your skills sharp.

With few exceptions, I find most television programming a heap of
incompetent, unethical, and mindless garbage.  And then there is the
"news".  Or is there a difference any more?

It's ironic that now the weather is the most accurate and honest thing
on TV.

Regarding stuff I really like, I often miss out on it because I just
can't sit there and watch it.  Since TV just isn't on my mind, I usually
just forget to watch it.  If I really want to see something, I have to
write it down and/or set an alarm most of the time.

For every show I watch, I probably miss five because I forget about
them.

Most of the time I rather be out in the woods or along the shore, going
on a drive down roads rarely traveled (at least until gas got so high),
or taking my camera out for some photos.

I like computer games too, but sometimes I can't even sit in front of
the computer without getting stir crazy.

Besides, how can you watch TV when there is this whole world out there,
and knowing your life is so very short?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any