[geeks] Authenticating Solaris 9 from AD

geeks at litfire.com geeks at litfire.com
Tue Sep 27 09:07:46 CDT 2005

I'm looking into authenticating Solaris 9 users against an AD box we'd put
into a colo.  From the looks of what I've Googled, there's either a mix of
roll-your-own with OpenLDAP, Samba, Windows Services for UNIX, and
shipped-with-Solaris bits, or Vintela's Vintela Authentication Services.
I've seen some mentions that Win2003R2 will be better, but it seems like
that's mostly a matter of SFU being integrated into 2003R2.

I'm downloading the R2 RC0 trial version to play, but I was wondering if
anyone had advice.

-Anthony