[geeks] Professional. Do Not Attempt.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Sep 27 07:25:01 CDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:57:50AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > If you want some good science based entertainment watch CSI,
>
> Funny you should say that.  New Scientist a couple of issues back had an
> article talking about CSI, in which forensic investigators were
> complaining that CSI verges on science fiction

I know from what I speak. A friend of mine who was the head of the fiber
lab for the Israeli police until his forced retirment at age 55,
complains about the same thing. He has since gone on to teach forensics
at a university in L.A. and his students all expect to become Gil
Grissom overnight.

BTW, did anyone watch CSI Miami last night? Did anyone catch the same
subtle hint about Callie that I did or am I an old pervert who reads
too much into things? :-)

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Support the growing boycott of Google by radio users and hobbyists.
It's starting to work, Yahoo has surpassed Google.