[geeks] Professional. Do Not Attempt.

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Sep 26 23:27:47 CDT 2005

Forgive me, but I've just come back into television-watching a few
months back after a nearly eight-year abstinence.  Undoubtedly, I've
missed some Earth-shattering developments in mass-market entertainment,
but I've not missed the appearance of those four words as they creep
into nearly every advertisement.

Presumably, someone's worried of being sued because someone's kid is
going to "ride the rail" with a skateboard, drive a vehicle at something
between "fun" and "insane" velocities, twist himself into a human
pretzel, or attempt a log-roll, and, without ever realizing the danger,
mangle himself.

Whatever happened to "That's just TV; it's not real."?  How is it that
anyone can win a lawsuit like that?  It seems that any reasonable judge
would toss out a case like that for lack of merit (see also: "raise your
damn kids.").

Stupid people.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "When we are young, wandering the face of the
Elgin, TX          (    earth, wondering what our dreams might be worth,