[geeks] Education

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Sep 26 08:32:35 CDT 2005

I gasped when I saw:

> 1. "Feel good" education.  Can't have the student tramatized.  Can't
> give too much homework, can't grade with a red pen...

   Wha...? Really?! Horrifying.
   Heck, I correct "professional" writing here at work with a red pen
all the time. I even proof-read a friend's book (over and over and over)
and did it to him -- and he wrote _better_. Some people may think I'm a
jerk, but there's no substitute for seeing something you considered
"finished" showing up looking like a scrap of old butcher's paper. :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator