[geeks] Phone system suggestions?

Nate nate at portents.com
Thu Sep 22 20:21:23 CDT 2005

Hey guys,

So day job is moving, and not too long ago added the phone system to
the list of many things I manage.  It's a Panasonic hybrid system
(analog/digital over two wire RJ-11), and maxes out at 96 lines (half
digital, half analog), but the company could outgrow that (and
managing it is a PITA), so it's time to look at something else.
Would you guys recommend Asterisk?  Or something else?  I'm mostly
concerned with something that's pretty easy to manage, flexible, and
not crazy expensive...

- Nate