[geeks] Bad UPS II: The Sad Mac

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 21 15:05:07 CDT 2005

For the second time this year, UPS has severely abused a computer being
shipped to me.  This one wasn't as badly smashed as whitestar, but was
abused sufficiently to jar all four installed expansion cards completely
out of their slots, as well as damaging the case.

I think this is the point at which I recommend that we all stop using
UPS to ship breakable computer equipment.  Try FedEx Ground or DHL
instead -- they seem to take better care of the hardware.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518