[geeks] Recommendation for RJ45 crimper tool?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Sep 14 09:36:54 CDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Ideal Crimpmaster.  Worth every penny.  Has interchangeable dies.

Seconded.  If you haven't the sort of cash for a crimping frame and
dies, a fixed-configuration crimper like a ratcheting Telemaster (also
by Ideal) is good, too.  Both are very reliable and very easy on the
hands.

After you've used a Rat Shack crimper, you won't believe that a real
crimper can produce a good connection with so little effort.  You'll
want to keep squeezing after it's already there.  The difference in
quality is just amazing.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "When we are young, wandering the face of the
Elgin, TX          (    earth, wondering what our dreams might be worth,