[geeks] [Fwd: [IP] Red Cross needs network security tech volunteers]

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 13 07:15:41 CDT 2005

Dan Duncan wrote:
> Tell me about it.  Both my credit union and my credit card
> company have taken major steps backwards and "updated" their
> websites recently so that after literally years of working JUST
> FINE with Opera, Mozilla, or Firefox they no longer do.

Yup.  State Farm did this a few months back.  I could no longer log in
to access my State Farm Bank account, or to pay my bill online.  Telling
them that it had worked just fine with Firefox for years just got a rote
response that they didn't support Firefox.  Asking why they didn't
support the second most widely used Web browser on the 'net just got the
same response.

So I closed my State Farm Bank account, and I now pay my insurance bill
by mail, so it takes them longer to get their money.  Sucks to be them.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518