[geeks] ADB to USB or ADB to PS/2 converters

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Thu Sep 8 14:51:23 CDT 2005

Has anyone found any ADB to USB or ADB to PS/2 converters?  I know about
the iMate which is for ADB peripherals connecting to USB based Macs, but
I've got a little project going of upgrading a PowerMac 8600 to run Mac
OS X and it requires an ADB keyboard.  What I want to do is connect it
to a KVM so that I can switch between it and my Sony VAIO laptop and use
it for Desktop Publishing.

I realize I can get a B&W G3 off of ePay for less than $100 (and I will
probably have to if I ever want to run Tiger),
but this is a project I've been meaning to do for quite a while.  And if
I decide to upgrade to a G4 (although the
processor I bought for this thing is G4 450MHz) PowerMac then I want to
be able to use it with my other KVM in
my network core in the basement (or run it headless).  Either way I need
something to get it to boot without completely relying on the Apple
keyboard.  Anyone have any ideas?

Ido

Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP                    E-mail: ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect                      idubraws at siliconsec.com