[geeks] Wired headset phones...?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 7 21:34:01 CDT 2005

Can anyone recommend to me a good, currently-available, wired headset
phone and an inexpensive source?  I have a Plantronics T10 here, but
it's developed a severe white-noise problem, plus it draws so much
current that if any other extension on the same line is picked up,
no-one can hear anything.  I've found inexpensive listings for the
Plantronics Practica T50, but I've also found rather too many user
reviews saying that it's a useless piece of junk with no mute button and
a volume slider that goes all the way from "inaudible" to "merely
unintelligible".

I'd accept a handset phone with a built-in headset jack, especially if
it allowed me to go off-hook on the headset without physically picking
up the handset.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518