[geeks] Web based mail client for linux?

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Wed Oct 26 12:50:34 CDT 2005

On 26/10/2005, at 13:24, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> However I would like to join the rest of the world and use a web
> based email
> client.

I love ZOK.  I've hated every email client ever, and webmail clients
are worse than the worst of them, but ZOK is actually usable.

http://zoe.nu/

HOWEVER:

> 1. It needs to be able to access them email in the mutt files
> interchangeably.

It doesn't.  Zoe actually archives all your mail it's own way, and
indexes it all for its amazing search and destroy functionality.  You
import all your old mail into Zoe, then have it check your mail
server in the future.

> 2. It needs to work on a web server running Apache 2.

It does.

> 3. If it uses IMAP, it needs to have support for SSL.

Yes, and yes.