[geeks] F'in Fedora

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 25 17:00:41 CDT 2005

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 @ 15:14 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> >> I loved Slackware up until about version 9, which is when things
> >> seemed to start going strange.
> >
> > What went strange?
>
> I don't recall.  Something with the init scripts really irritated me in
> either 9.0 or 9.1.  In general, it's probably still one of the less
> annoying distributions.

They did make some changes, but I think they were good changes.

What I really wish though, is that Slackware would adopt the NetBSD init
scripts.

I also hate how Patrick builds Slackware.

He does a very good job, but I just hate how he has it organized.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every