[geeks] F'in Fedora

Atomist rescue at port11.net
Mon Oct 24 16:18:20 CDT 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 1:23 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> For all that folks around here like to bitch and moan about IRIX and
> inst, at least that installation system only asks for each CD -twice-.
> I ran system-config-packages to add some software to my "let's see
> if I
> can tolerate Linux these days" box, and it is alternatively asking me
> for "disk 1" and "disk 2", each time reading ONE PACKAGE from the
> disk,
> and then asking for the other.  I've had 9 requests for each CD so
> far.
>
> If I didn't need decent Java support on this box, I'd use OpenBSD, but
> I'm starting to think that even Solaris/x86 might suck less than this.

After installing fedora at work a while ago all I did was to
configure some remote sites to suck the files from. So I did the base
install over network but any additional files it grabbed over the
Internet.

Also really handy to update the system after the base install to make
sure your up to date with security and stuff.

Never had any problems just besides the fact that I don't like redhat
in general.