[geeks] F'in Fedora

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Oct 24 13:50:59 CDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Mike Meredith wrote:

> I'm a little suspicious, I wouldn't have thought that even Fedora
> would get things *that* badly wrong. Perhaps it's time to try a
> different distribution ?

Fedora is what $ork uses.  Since my primary motiviation is the better
familiarize myself with what's gone on in the five years since I've last
run the bletcherous pox known as Linux, I should probably use the same
thing that $ork does.  Goodness knows that every distribution will find
some way to do even the most obvious of things wholly differently.

But, yeah, especially since this is going to be a Java development
station, Solaris is starting to sound pleasant.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We know more about security than anyone else in
Elgin, TX          (    the world."      --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO