[geeks] F'in Fedora

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Oct 24 12:23:24 CDT 2005

For all that folks around here like to bitch and moan about IRIX and
inst, at least that installation system only asks for each CD -twice-.
I ran system-config-packages to add some software to my "let's see if I
can tolerate Linux these days" box, and it is alternatively asking me
for "disk 1" and "disk 2", each time reading ONE PACKAGE from the disk,
and then asking for the other.  I've had 9 requests for each CD so far.

If I didn't need decent Java support on this box, I'd use OpenBSD, but
I'm starting to think that even Solaris/x86 might suck less than this.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We know more about security than anyone else in
Elgin, TX          (    the world."      --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO