[geeks] OT: response to "small town"

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 14 23:05:31 CDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>> Either God made a mistake, or politicians are lying two-faced
>> bastards.
>
> God (or nature if you are an atheist) also made various poisons that
> will kill you in seconds.
>
> Not everything natural is necessarily good for us.

But people don't go to jail for "possession with intent to sell" because
there's nightshade or poisonous nettles growing in the field.

> I think the whole "it's natural therefore good" idea is pretty stupid,
> personally.

Me, too.  However, I don't recall saying that.

> Outside of a tiny minority, most drug users I have met are more than
> just high. Their performance, ethics, loyalty, and behavior sucks,
> causes me grief, and costs companies I work for a lot of money.

Okay, let's legislate against laziness.  Then we can rid of the druggies
AND the suits.

> IMHO, legalizing drugs can't be safely done in a society that lacks
> personal responsibility.

Drug use is a self-limiting problem.  You can only overdose to death
once.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "What good fortune for governments that the
Elgin, TX          (    people do not think!"       --Adolf Hitler