[geeks] OT: response to "small town"

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Oct 14 19:32:55 CDT 2005

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 @ 18:42 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> > One can believe in God that gave the bounty of the Earth, yet believe
> > the various plants and animals within that bounty are not all given
> > for all possible purposes, without having a logical conflict.

...for example, the "Tree of Knowledge"... :)

It's all the women's fault, didn't ya know it?

> Execpt that if any of those plants are growing on your property without
> your knowledge[0] or use or cultivation, you are just as "guilty" as
> someone with a "mad stash" to sell.

Ah, but this is changing the subject.

This is an entirely different problem, and yes, it is wrong.

Or do you think that this only happens with regard to drug enforcement?

Personally, I see quite a bit of "law" being applied outside its
intended purpose.

Too many lawyers, judges, and enforcement officers understand the law
but not the spirit of law. They are inseperable in a sane society.

> [0] It does happen out here.  Occasionally the state police will raid a
>      farmer who unfortunately had some pop up in a back pasture.

There is a Barney Fife in every county...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall