[geeks] Advice on USB/Firewire PCI card

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Oct 11 11:15:28 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 11:11:18AM -0400, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> I'm the last leg of putting together this FrankenMac to run Tiger.  I plan to
> use a USB keyboard instead of ADB.  From what I understand Tiger requires a
> firewire interface (preferably built-in on the motherboard...but as I under-
> stand it doesn't HAVE to be on the motherboard).  So I'm looking at getting
> either a Sonnet Tango card or a Macally USB/firewire card and I want to know
> what are some of the opinions on either one.  The Macally is cheaper than the
> Sonnet but I understand that the Tango card has better support...or am I wrong?

I have installed tiger on several Macs without USB or firewire.  See
XPostfacto. All it needs is a G3 and 256m of RAM.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Support the growing boycott of Google by radio users and hobbyists.
It's starting to work, Yahoo has surpassed Google.