[geeks] Solaris 10 x86

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:06:26 CDT 2005

On 10/4/05, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> Only thing I can see not working is the PERC 4e/i - probably it is
supported, but you will want to check the HCL and look specifically for it
working under 10.  Solaris 9 had better support for SCSI RAID controllers in
some cases.

Yeah, can't see support for it yet, though looks like many other PERC
4 controllers are. Hrm.

FreeBSD detects it as:

amr0: <LSILogic MegaRAID 1.51> mem
0xdfdc0000-0xdfdfffff,0xd80f0000-0xd80fffff irq 46 at device 14.0 on
pci2
amr0: <LSILogic PERC 4e/Di> Firmware 521S, BIOS H430, 256MB RAM

So maybe it'll be supported in the MegaRAID driver (also called amr)? Hrm.

> Also, there are freeware ethernet drivers that cover many common chipsets,
such as the Broadcom ones that may be on the 2850's motherboard.  So you will
want to look that up as well.

The network interfaces are Intel Pro/1000 cards, so should be fine there.

Bryan