[geeks] Education

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Oct 5 22:30:45 CDT 2005

From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 wa2egp at att.net wrote:
>
> > "You don't want to do homework?  Don't expect higher than a B.  You
> > don't like that?  There are four other high schools you can go to.
> > This place is an option.  You chose to come here, you abide by the
> > rules."  A little harsh but the point is we're here to do some work.
>
> That made my day.
>
> I wish government-run schools would stand behind their teachers so that
> they, too, could adopt that attitude.  It'd do a world of good.

Unfortunately, if my principal heard me say that, he'd chew my donkey
off.  To him, they are all "A" students.  A few years ago, the owner
of a local deli caught some of our students stealing from her store
and had it on tape.  She gave it to him so he could see who were the
culprits.  When she got it back, the segments of the alleged theft
were erased.  "I accidentally hit record instead of rewind."  Sure.
That would have erased the parts after, doofus!  Even Nixon did a
better job.  So, as far as "stand behind their teachers", that made
my day.  :)

Bob