[geeks] Education

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 3 09:40:10 CDT 2005

Sun, 02 Oct 2005 @ 13:25 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:

> I get it now.  You assumed the student learned it in the first place, so
> why do it again.  Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

No, I didn't assume, I know the student learned it in the first place.

Useless repetition and busy work labeled "homework and study" is one
of the major problems with public education.  They use it in place of
teaching.

> Also, unfortunately, we are graded all our lives.....job performance,
> credit rating, etc.

True.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty